The Capital XTRA 100 – March/April 2023 – Specific Rules
13 March 2023, 06:00 | Updated: 13 March 2023, 06:50
1. The Capital XTRA 100 countdown promotion (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 13th March 2023 at 6:00 to Sunday 2nd April 2023 at 23:59 on Capital XTRA. Global is the Promoter and Prize Provider.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion:
3. To enter the Promotion, you must vote in The Capital XTRA 100 countdown. To do this you must:
a. download the Global Player app;
b. tap on the The Capital XTRA 100 page within the app;
c. register your details and;
d. submit three votes for your three favourite Hip Hop & RnB songs from a predetermined list (your “Votes”)
4. Online entry will open at 06:00 (GMT) on Monday 13th March and will close at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday 2nd April 2023. Votes received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion.
5. The selection of songs included within the predetermined list have been taken from Capital XTRA’s daytime playlist and will have been played at least 50 times on Capital XTRA across the last 12 months (1st March 2022 to 1st March 2023). This list may also have been adjusted for brand suitability.
6. All eligible songs voted for will be considered by a panel of experts from Capital XTRA to finalise the order of The Capital XTRA 100.
7. You must vote for three separate pieces of music, for the avoidance of doubt you cannot vote for any one piece of music more than once.
8. Your Votes will not count if the vote is incomplete, or the piece of music cannot be accurately identified.
9. You must include your contact details to ensure the votes can be counted and verified. Votes submitted without contact details will not be counted in the chart and you will not be entered into the Promotion.
10. Votes are weighted in terms of preference. A first-choice vote is attributed 30 points, a second choice vote 20 points and a third choice vote 10 points.
11. Votes should be entered in order of preference and the final chart is dependent on the total number of points assigned to each song. The Capital XTRA 100 countdown will be played out on Easter Monday (Monday 10thApril 2023).
12. If two or more pieces of music tie with the same number of points, the number of first, second and third-choice votes will be taken into consideration to decide the final countdown positions.
13. No automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate or other group votes will be accepted. We shall discount any votes that appear to have used any of these methods.
14. We reserve the right to remove bulk votes that we believe arise as a result of a concerted attempt to skew the vote, and which render the vote an inaccurate reflection of voters' preferences.
15. Votes submitted by text, on social media or posted elsewhere online (outside of the Capital XTRA Promotion webpage) will not be eligible to be included in the countdown or the Promotion.
16. Only eligible votes submitted on the online form, via the Global Player app will be included in the countdown.
17. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over and who are based in the UK at the time of voting.
18. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
19. Entrants must include their email address, phone number and address to ensure their votes are not duplicates. Votes submitted without contact details will not be counted in the chart and will not be entered into the prize draw.
20. Votes placed on social media will not be eligible to enter the Promotion and will not be included in the prize draw.
21. One winning entrant will receive £1,000.
22. Within 48 hours of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a draw. One eligible entry will be selected at random and the winning entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via telephone using the contact details you used when you entered. If such winner does not respond within 7 days from being contacted, they will forfeit their right to the prize and we shall be entitled to select another winner by another random draw. That subsequent winner must respond to the notification email within 7 days of the date on which they are notified, or they will also forfeit the prize.
23. We will transfer the prize money to your bank account within 28 days but are not responsible for any delays. You must provide all necessary details via the method directed within 14 days after the original request to do so otherwise the prize will be forfeited at our discretion.
24. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
25. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/
26.Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
29.We may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
30.We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
31.You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting email@example.com. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to Vote in the Promotion.