What a trio.
Jay Z isn't just a Hip-Hop artist, he is Hip-Hop. Over two decades, the former Roc-A-Fella CEO has redefined the genre.
When was Jay Z born?
- He was born on 4th December 1969 in Brooklyn, New York City.
What is Jay Z's real name?
- His real name is Shawn Corey Carter.
When did he start his career?
- Despite gaining attention on the underground hip-hop scene, Jay Z struggled to secure a record deal and instead setup Rock-A-Fella Records with Damon Dash and Kareem Biggs in 1995.
- He released his seminal debut album 'Reasonable Doubt' in 1996.
- In 1998, Jay Z released 'Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life', which spawned his biggest career hit to date, 'Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)'.
- In 2001, Jay Z released one of the most critically-acclaimed albums in history, 'The Blueprint', which was the first of a three-part triology.
- In 2004, Jay Z was named president of Def Jam Records.
- In 2009, Jay Z setup Roc Nation, a 360 entertainment company, which has since branched out into sports.
- In 2011, Jay Z collaborated with his good friend Kanye West on 'Watch The Throne', which saw the pair head out together on a worldwide tour.
- Jay Z released his 12th studio album 'Holy Carta Magna Grail' in 2013.
- The rapper is married to Beyonce and the couple have one daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
Hov has addressed police injustice.
Hear Jay Z's new verse.
Jay Z Unveils Official 'Glory' Music Video On Tidal
Jay Z And Beyonce Release 'Run' Trailer, Stars Sean Penn And Jake Gyllenhall
Powered by Facebook