Win £250 for a big night out at the cinema with Massive Cinema!
12 October 2020, 06:00 | Updated: 19 October 2020, 12:01
Fancy the chance to bag a whopping £250 for a big night out at the cinema?
In collaboration with the BFI, Massive Cinema gives young audiences the chance to see some of the most exciting films of the year before anyone else, celebrating British talent in front of and behind the camera.
This month MASSIVE are celebrating the release of One Man And His Shoes, Yemi Bamiro's untold story of the phenomenon of Air Jordan sneakers, showing the social, cultural and racial significance of the trainers and how Nike's groundbreaking marketing strategies created a multi-billion-dollar business.
However, the story also has a dark side - Nike's high price tag and genius marketing strategy has fuelled a demand so high that since 1989, young people have killed and been killed for a pair. Nike has turned a blind eye. This film is a parable of America's dark love affair with consumer capitalism and celebrity culture.
Using both archive footage and graphical animation, the audience is transported back to an era that feels so distant, even nostalgic, but was just a few decades ago.
Contributors include Michael Jordan’s close friends and associates like David Falk (his former agent), David J Stern (NBA Commissioner 1984-2014), Sonny Vaccaro (the man who scouted him), his biographer Roland Lazenby and NBA legend Hakeem Olajuwon.
One Man And His Shoes is out in cinemas on October 23rd, and to celebrate, one lucky XTRA winner will have the chance to have a big night out at the cinema with a £250 cash prize. For your chance to win just answer the multiple choice question below.
Massive Cinema October 2020 on Capital XTRA
1. The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.capitalxtra.com/terms-conditions) (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘Massive Cinema October 2020’ radio competition (the “Competition") which will run from Monday 12thOctober 2020 to Friday 16thOctober 2020 on Capital Xtra (the “Radio Station”).
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to https://www.capitalxtra.com/win/, register their details and answer the question on the Massive Cinema competition page.
4. Online entry will open at 06:00 on Monday 12thOctober 2020 and close at 23.59 on Friday 16thOctober 2020.
5. One Winner will be selected at random from all correct and elegible entries and notified by email or phone no later than Wednesday 21st October 2020
6. Entrants must be aged 18 years and over
7. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
8. 1 x Winner will win £250 cash
Prize Terms and Conditions:
9. The prize will be awarded to the Winner by telephone call or email with a representative of Global
10. A text message will be sent using confirmed details with further instruction for the Winner to complete a bank transfer via the Audata system.
Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.