Beyonce Quiz Promotion on Capital XTRA, July 2022 – Specific Rules
25 July 2022, 06:30
1. The ‘Beyonce Quiz Promotion’ (‘Promotion’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). The Promotion will run from Monday 25th July 2022 to Friday 29th July 2022 on the Capital XTRA Network. Global is the Promoter and the Prize Provider mentioned in these Specific Rules.
2. IMPORTANT: The Promotion is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Entry into the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Promotion
3. To enter the Promotion, you must listen to the Capital XTRA Breakfast Show from 06:30 to 10:00 between Monday 25th July 2022 and Friday 29th July 2022.
4. Each day when prompted by the Presenter, you must send a text message with the keyword ‘BEY’ to 61236 (the ‘Text Message Line’).
5. The opening and closing times of the Text Message Line will be given out on air each day. Entries received before or after this time will not be included in the Promotion but may still be charged.
6. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
7. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. Standard rate text messages to promotion shortcodes are not normally included in ‘inclusive’ packages and may be charged. If entry is made by text message, be sure to use the correct shortcode. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
8. Each day within 30 minutes of the closing time of the Promotion, all eligible entries will be entered into a daily draw. One entry will be selected at random from the daily entry pot and the entrant will be contacted by one of our representatives via telephone on the number on which you entered. If the entry is ineligible, we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another entrant, as applicable.
9. If you are this daily randomly selected entrant, you will be asked to have a call with a presenter and we brought to air to play the ‘Beyonce Quiz’ during which you will be required to answer further questions. That call will either be broadcast live or pre-recorded for future broadcast. You must answer your telephone when we contact you. Someone else cannot answer the phone, participate or accept a prize on your behalf. If: (i) you fail to answer the phone; (ii) someone else answers the phone; (iii) the call goes to voicemail; (iv) the call becomes disconnected; (v) you are not (or do not seem to us to be) in a position to safely and/or lawfully take or remain on the call (for example, if you are or seem to be driving); or (vi) you are not audible or intelligible or we are not able to conduct a conversation with you in a manner that is suitable for broadcast for any reason beyond our control (including, but not limited to: low/no signal on your device, a call is dropped by any network, you are travelling, there is too much background noise or feedback, etc.); before or during the Promotion, you may be disqualified and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
10. During the ‘Beyonce Quiz’ the selected daily entrant will have 30 seconds to answer as many Beyonce themed questions as possible. If there is any confusion regarding an answer given by an entrant during the quiz, the Capital XTRA Breakfast Producers’ decision is final. Each daily entrant will be placed on a leader board based on the number of correct answers given in the Beyonce Quiz. On Friday 29th July 2022 the daily entrant with the highest score on the leader board will be deemed the overall winner and receive the prize as outlined in Point 16.1.
11. Each day off air the daily entrant will be asked a ‘closest to the pin’ tie breaker question by the Capital XTRA Producer. This question will have a numerical answer and be used in the case of a tie on the leader board after the final daily round on Friday 29th July 2022. Each daily entrant will have 5 seconds to answer the tie breaker question. On Friday 29th July 2022 after the Friday entrant has completed the Beyonce Quiz, if two or more entrants have the same score on the leader board then we will resort to the pre-recorded tie breaker question. The contestant who has the correct/closest answer for the tie breaker question will be deemed the overall winner of the promotion and receive the prize as outlined in Point 16.1. If there is any confusion regarding an answer given by an entrant during the tie breaker question, the Capital XTRA Breakfast Producers’ decision is final.
12. We may publish and publicise your name and your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry], and we may refer to your association with the Promotion and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Promotion.
13. In relation to winners (and runners up if applicable), you understand that we may: (i) interview you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) which we may film, photograph and/or record and; (ii) film, photograph and/or record, you and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) in connection with the Promotion, either by telephone or in person, and we may use such films, recordings and/or photographs for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide, as often and for as long as we consider appropriate or desirable, in connection with the Promotion. We may also publish your and your guest(s)/travel companion(s) name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture.
14. The Promotion is only open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over, and who are based in the UK at the time of entry.
15. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Promotion.
16. One winning entrant will receive the following:
16.1 1x Personalised Beyonce Renaissance gold disc with album artwork
Prize Terms and Conditions
17. The prize will be delivered within 28 working days from the date the Prize Provider receives confirmation of the delivery address from the winner. The Prize Provider will do their best to adhere to these time frames, however due to the ongoing uncertainty with Coronavirus and Brexit, there may be delays with stock availability and deliveries.
18. Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
19. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
20. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value at our absolute discretion.
21. We are registered with the Phone-paid Services Authority (“PSA”): registration number ORG832-96388-41101. For all enquiries in connection with the Promotion please contact our customer support team at https://global.com/contact/.
22. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited) as well as the prize providers, and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Promotion. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
25. We may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Promotion. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
26. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
27. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of a Promotion, you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Promotion or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.