The 10 Most Kanye West Quotes From His New T Magazine Interview
10 April 2015, 16:58
They do say there's a fine line between genius and crazy.
While Kanye West was working on his most recent contribution to the fashion world, his project with Adidas, the 'All Day' rapper allowed T Magazine to follow him around for a while and get a taster of his life, vision and opinions on the industry he's trying so hard to be a part of.
Never one to hold back, Kanye spoke about his personal life - including how he's changed since being married to Kim Kardashian and having daughter North, his childhood dreams, the moment he met Ralph Lauren - and he told a brilliant story about a coffee table that reminded him of himself.
Check out the 10 best quotes from the interview in T Magazine below.
1) 'Look at this mountain I just made! You don’t think I can make a T-shirt?'
2) "Before the internet, music was really expensive. People would use a rack of CDs to show class, to show they had made it."
3) "I dreamed, since I was a little kid, of having my own store where I could curate every shoe, sweatshirt and colour. I have sketches of it. I cried over the idea of having my own store."
4) "I'm not a celebrity, I’m an activist."
5) "The fact that when I see truth it's really hard for me to sit back and just allow it to happen in front of me on my clock makes me, a lot of times, a bad celebrity."
6) "I feel like now I have an amazing wife, a super smart child and the opportunity to create in two major fields. Before I had those outlets, my ego was all I had."