Terms and Conditions.
BET Awards 2016 on Capital XTRA, June 2016
- The following rules (“Rules”) together with Global Radio’s ("Global Radio") general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at http://www.capitalxtra.com/terms-conditions/ ) apply to ‘BET Awards 2016’ radio competition ("the Competition") which will run from 14/6/2016 to 23:59 on 19/6/2016 (“the Duration”). The "Radio Station" is Capital XTRA.
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Radio Station.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must upload a short video to Instagram or Twitter using the #CapitalXTRABET with the mechanic as described in section 4. Entries will open at 16:00 on 14/6/16 and close at 23:59 on 19/6/16.
- During the Entry Period, upload a video using #CapitalXtraBET onto your Instagram or Twitter registered account telling us why you should be our BET International social vlogger (collectively, the “Entry”). Entry must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) Must feature entrant only;
(ii) Must be up to fifteen seconds (00:15) in length;
(iii) Must include #CapitalXtraBET ; and
(iv) Must not include any trademarks, logos, sexually explicit, obscene, dangerous or derogatory material
- 100 entrants will be selected at random from all valid entries containing the correct Entry Content and which are received on or before the closing date. CapitalXtra and a BET International judging panel will select 1 winner from the 100 random entries based on originality, creativity, and entertainment value of their Entry. The winner will be notified by telephone on Monday 20/06/16. If the winner doesn’t respond within 8 hours a second winner will be selected.
- By submitting a video to the site to the Radio Station you: (i) warrant that you control all copyright and all other rights (including, without limitation, performers’ rights) in and to such video; and (ii) confirm the grant by you to the Radio Station [and Global Radio] of a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free licence in the copyright and all other rights in and to the video (including, without limitation, performers’ rights) and you waive any moral rights and like rights you have in relation to the video; so that the Radio Station [and Global Radio] shall be entitled to use the video in any and all media at no cost to the Radio Station [and Global Radio] and such use shall not infringe the rights of any third party.
- To enter the competition, entrants must fulfill each of the following criteria:
(a) be a resident of the UK;
(b) be eighteen (18) years old or over;
(c) have a valid passport with at least 6 (six) months until expiry;
(d) hold a Twitter or Instagram account; and
(e) not be an employee or immediate relative of an employee of BET Networks Europe (the “Promoter”) and/or the Global Radio’s respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies or any other person professionally connected with this competition.
(f) be available to travel on the dates specified in the prize.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be removed.
- (a) they are the person featuring in the Entry Content and they are the sole owner of any copyright in the Entry Content submitted by them. If they are not the sole owner, they confirm that they have obtained the consent of the relevant owner (and such owner has consented to the Entry Content being used in accordance with these Terms) including the consent of the person featuring in the Entry Content; and
(b) the Entry Content does not include any third party branding, logos, artwork or any other copyright work unless the entrant has obtained the consent of the relevant owner of any third party branding, logos and/or artwork and such owner has consented to the relevant branding, logos and/or artwork being used in the Entry Content in accordance with these Terms; and
(c) they have obtained the permission of any other person feature in the Entry Content and for the Entry Content to be used in accordance with these Terms.
- The winner will receive (i) two (2) tickets to the BET Experience and BET Awards 2016 at the Microsoft Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California between Friday 24th - Sunday, 26th June 2016 inclusive; (ii) two (2) economy return flights from London Heathrow Airport to Los Angeles International Airport; (iii) transportation to and from Los Angeles International Airport; (iv) Hotel accommodations for five (5) days / four (4) nights from Thursday, 23rd June 2016 to Monday, 27th June 2016 at a hotel selected in BET’s sole discretion (one double occupancy room, room and tax only, three star minimum); (v) £300 spending money. (the “Prize”).
- The winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or over. The winner and his/her guest are responsible for completing, submiting and purchasing their own Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). The winner and his/her guest must have a valid passport with at least 6 (six) months until expiry. No travel insurance will be provided for the winner or his/her guest.
- Tickets will be held in the winner’s name at the venue. The winner must bring identification (passport or UK driving licence) in order to collect the tickets. The winner and his/her guest must adhere to any conditions of the event venue. The flight and hotel details and confirmation will be sent to the winner via email. Spending money will be provided to the winner in Los Angeles once the winner arrives at his/her hotel.