Global’s Make Some Noise Returns For 2017
On Friday 6 October Capital XTRA is teaming up with our sister stations to raise money for small projects which help youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity.
Global’s Make Some Noise is Capital XTRA's very own charity, supporting a range of brilliant small projects across the UK, which help youngsters and their families living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity.
On Friday 6 October Capital XTRA is teaming up with our sister stations across the Global family - Capital, Radio X, Classic FM, Heart, Smooth, LBC and Gold for GLOBAL’S MAKE SOME NOISE DAY, to raise money and give a voice to small projects that don’t get heard.
There are loads of ways that you can get involved…
This year, Capital XTRA will be raising money with some incredible money-can't buy prizes... including the exciting return of Capital XTRA Live alongside some of your favourite UK artists.
And we have a whole selection of incredible prizes to give away as part of our fund-raising activity, including a shopping trip to New York, a tech bundle, a holiday in Barbados and even a brand new car!
And there will be more fund raising events featuring our presenters to be announced, so make sure you’re listening over the next few weeks.
By making a donation to Global’s Make Some Noise, you can help small projects make a big impact, and change the lives of youngsters living with illness, disability or lack of opportunity throughout the UK.
- £5 could pay for a teddy bear for a child to hold during their first bereavement support session.
- £5 could fund an information pack, helping parents to spot the early signs of liver disease in new born babies. Early diagnosis can save lives.
- £10 funds an hour’s phone call to provide vital support and advice to a parent whose child has been diagnosed with autism.
- £20 could pay for a respite session, allowing a young carer to take a break from their responsibilities at home to have fun with other young carers who understand their situation.
- £25 could fund a physiotherapy session, helping a child with a life-limiting illness to have the best chance at a comfortable life, despite their condition.
- £30 could fund a one-to-one support session for a family who has just found out that their child is deaf.
Global's Make Some Noise is a national charity that helps to change young lives, brought to you by eight of the best-loved commercial radio stations in the UK: Heart, Capital, Capital XTRA, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X and Gold.
Global’s Make Some Noise is an appeal operated by Global Charities, a registered charity in England and Wales (1091657) and Scotland (SC041475).